We all know someone who is an avid collector. Maybe your brother collects comic books or your uncle collects antique statues. Some collectors collect in hopes that their collection will someday be worth millions, while others are driven by a love of collecting and the pursuit of a complete set. But what happens when collecting goes from being a pleasurable experience to something that takes over the life of the collector, making them a pariah and forcing them to live an unhealthy lifestyle?
Learn more about hoarding, collecting and spring cleaning at MyMove.com today!
Mayo Clinic Staff, (May 25, 2011). Hoarding. Mayo Clinic. Retrieved on July 24, 2012 from http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hoarding/DS00966/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Can You Be a Hoarder Without Hoarding? (psychologytoday.com)
- Hoard Much? (psychologytoday.com)
- The Effect of Hoarding on Your Health (belmarrahealth.com)
- Why It’s Hard to Let Go of Clutter (psychologytoday.com)
- Scans of Hoarders’ Brains Reveal Why They Never De-Clutter (blogs.scientificamerican.com)